Another year over. It started with a few showers, but ended with the sun shining in the afternoon. Everyone was able to enjoy the events on the field as well as the exhibits in the marquee.
A few images of the day can available here.
As the Queen celebrates 70 years on the throne, there are plenty of activities in the village to celebrate this historical event.
- Thursday from 9pm – Lighting of the Beacon on the Village Field (bacon rolls being served)
- Friday 12-4pm – Afternoon Tea at the Star Inn
- Saturday from 7pm – Best of British Knees Up at the Star Inn
- Sunday 12 for 12:30pm – Big Jubilee Lunch at the Village Hall
- Sunday 3pm – Blessing of the Queen’s Jubilee Tree in the village field followed by a Giant Jubilee Picnic
Our Easter Sunday service will be followed by coffee and an Easter Egg Hunt.
Tickenham will be celebrating on Thursday 2nd June and Sunday 5th June.
Thursday 2nd June:
9.00 p.m. Lighting a beacon in the Village Field followed by refreshments.
Sunday 5th June:
11.00 a.m. Thanksgiving for the Queen’s seventy year reign will be included in the
morning service at church. Coffee available from 10.30 a.m.
12.00 for 12.30 p.m. ‘Big Jubilee Lunch’ in the Village Hall, kindly organised by the
Tickenham WI. Numbers are limited to sixty so book early! Tickets £12 available from
Afternoon: Blessing of the oak tree in the Village Field by our Rector, the Rev Jules
Harris – and perhaps bring a picnic if the weather’s fine?